Last few weeks I have been bringing my top 20 attractions at Walt Disney World to WDWdads. This week is my picks for my top 1 – 5. Now, there are many great and wonderful attractions at WDW and it was hard to pick my top 20. I had to think about the attractions I can’t miss every time I go to each of the four parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. So, I made a list of attractions that I could miss out on when I visit the land where fantasy lives. Each time I post, I will have 5 great attractions that you will want to check out when you head to the parks.
I am so excited to be sharing my top 5 picks that I can’t seen to miss when I head to WDW for vacation. These attractions are always on my high priority list. Here is my list for 1 -5!
5. Splash Mountain : This has always been one of my favorite attractions. I enjoy it the most of really hot days because YOU WILL GET WET! Plus at the same time you will make some great new friends and be part of their story, like Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox. The plunge is everyone’s favorite which is a 5-story fall that ends in a massive splashdown in a pond below. Lots of singing and fun for everyone! Now when I visit Magic Kingdom where Splash Mountain is located there is always a long wait. I have seen the line at 80 to 90 minutes before, but there is FASTPASS. With Fastpass you can get a time when you can come back and don’t have to wait as long. If you haven’t had a chance to ride splash mountain make sure it’s on your list next time you visit the parks!
4. Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster : I have always been a fan of roller coasters and this one is even more exciting for I got to ride in the DARK , listening to Aerosmith, going through Hollywood! This ride is fast, launch to a loop at zero to 60 mph in under three seconds, in a limo that Aerosmith lets you ride in! You ride fast through a loop and cork screws as you go to their concert on the other side of town. When I get off the attraction, I can’t wait to jump in line again! I once rode this attraction six times in a row because of no wait! If you love a good thrill ride then you don’t want to miss this one, it’s located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
3. Test Track : I have always wanted to feel what it must be like to be a dummy in a test car. They get to go through all the stunts, if we did we would get mangled! But Disney came up with a way for us to experience the stunts without us getting hurt at all! Plus we get to go outside in the test car on the tracks going 60 mph! At the moment, you will have to wait to visit this awesome attraction at Epcot for it’s being refurbishment, but it will be going up again in the fall 2012!I am sure it will be better then ever and I can’t wait to ride the new cars!
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition : I have always wanted to go to Africa to be part of an expedition through the Reserve. At Animal Kingdom you can go on a safaris expedition and never have to leave the parks! This attraction is amazing and I love how Disney really worked hard to come up with a way to keep the animals in their own separate habitat and yet it feels like they could just roam free! You get to see so many different animals so you definitely want to have your camera for this attraction! There is Fastpass but I have always noticed the line moves quickly. This ride is great to ride in the mornings and evenings, for most of the animals are out. In the midday hot sun some of hiding and finding shade.
1. SPACE MOUNTAIN : Nothing beats one of the originals to me! Once I found myself on the attraction, I have always ran right back to it when I arrive at Magic Kingdom. When I was working at the park, I used to get out of work and head over to the attraction to ride before leaving for home. I love being in the Dark, sitting alone and seeing the night sky as I go into outer space! The only thing that I have a tough time with when it comes to this ride is when I get off, the Long way to the exit with may other visitors in my way as they stare at the exhibit! I just want to get back in line…and is there a Fastpass? YES, and I normally pick it up for this one if the line is longer then a half hour. I just find it hard to wait for this ride for I am way to excited to go on! If you want to experience this ride you can head to Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom.
And there you have it….my 2o top attractions that I have to visit when I am at Walt Disney World. Enjoy your next trip to the parks and have a Magical Day!