Last few weeks I have been bringing my top 20 attractions at Walt Disney World to WDWdads. This week is my picks for my top 6 – 10. Now, there are many great and wonderful attractions at WDW and it was hard to pick my top 20. I had to think about the attractions I can’t miss every time I go to each of the four parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. So, I made a list of attractions that I could miss out on when I visit the land where fantasy lives. Each time I post, I will have 5 great attractions that you will want to check out when you head to the parks.
Here are my picks from 10 – 6
10. Big Thunder Mountain : Love roller coasters but with no loops? This roller coaster is a great starter coaster. It has some hills, dark tunnels, a wonderful theme and no loops. My stepson loved this attraction for it wasn’t scary at all for him. He was seven when he had went on it back in 2009. The roller coaster rushes through a gold-mining town of Tumbleweed and really makes you wish you could strike gold! You have to be 40 inches to ride this attraction. If you are extremely excited to ride this attraction and don’t want to wait in line, there is Fastpass. This attraction is located in Frontierland in Magic Kingdom.
9. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror : This attraction is always different when you decide to get the courage to go on it! I had once rode this attraction five times the same day and had a different experience each time. I have a tough time in dark places, which this ride is all about being in the dark! See it’s phantom elevator (which you ride in) is located beyond the fifth dimension and takes you to The Twilight Zone. Plus you will drop and it will be more then once. If you like a thrill then this is a ride you can’t miss when you are at WDW. You will have to be 40 inches tall to ride and there is fastpass available. This attraction is located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
8. Soarin’ : I loved this attraction when I first got a chance to ride it. Soaring through the air, feeling like a bird! Everything feels so real, the wind, the smells and what you are seeing as you glide over the land. You see the Golden Gate Bridge, San Diego, Yosemite National Park, Napa Valley and so much more! Plus I love how it ends going over Disneyland! It’s a great experience and yes, on this ride you have to be 40 inches tall to ride. This attraction also has fastpass for those that don’t want to wait in a long line. I have seen this line so long that I didn’t get a chance to go on it for fastpass was out. Get your fastpass early! This attraction is located in The Land Pavilion at Epcot.
7. Festival of the Lion King : Want to see a amazing show that has all your favorite Lion King characters singing? This show is scheduled for 30-minutes and is filled with music and fun entertainment! I have always enjoyed seeing this show and I try to get there early to get good seats up close. It’s in a tent so the seats are all the way around. You will see all your favorite Lion King Disney characters as Timon, Simba, Pumbaa, Mufasa and more! They team up with a traveling band of “African tribal performers” (who are amazing themselves) to tell the tale of a lion cub who can’t wait to be king of his father’s kingdom. This show is located at Camp Minnie-Mickey in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
6. Expedition Everest : Have you ever seen a Yeti or maybe you want to see one for yourself? On this high-speed roller coaster train ride you will get to explore Mt. Everest and maybe even get a chance to see a Yeti for yourself. My stepson loved this ride and we went on to see the Yeti a few times. There are many twist and turns, and you will get your picture taken so you can see your face expression when you take the fall from the summit! You need to be 44 inches to ride and there is fastpass. This attraction I normally get a fastpass for the line is always long! This ride is located in Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Thanks for stopping by!